Wednesday, February 24, 2016

What Dustin Likes about Older Guys


Remember last January, when I went to a heterosexual party, and hooked up with the host's 21-year old son, Dustin?  (Not his real name.)

Dustin is in college in Minneapolis, but last week he drove out for the long weekend.  On Saturday, he was busy with his friends, but on Sunday we went out to dinner at the new Mexican place and saw Deadpool, at the Mall.

The tickets seemed rather cheap.  While we were waiting to buy popcorn,  I looked at my receipt.

Senior Citizen Discount!

Whoa, I'm only 55.  I won't be eligible for senior citizen discounts for at least five years!

"It must be the contrast effect," Dustin said.  "The average age of this crowd is about twenty, so you naturally look old.,"

I looked around.  Almost all college-age boys, in pairs and groups.

Suddenly I felt very out of place.  I tried to concentrate on the pre-movie commercials.

"Anyway, who can tell the difference between 55 and 60?   Or 40 and 60, for that matter?  There's young, and then there's old, that's all."

"What's that you say, sonny?"  I said, hurt.  "Why, in my day, we had respect for our elders.  When my Dad told me to go out and feed the dinosaurs, by golly, I jumped to it!"

Dustin caressed my knee in the darkness.  "Hey, Grandpa Simpson, you got the goods.  I'd go down on you sooner than any of these Marvel fanboys.  In fact, I'll bet that you're the only guy in the whole theater who has a 100% chance of getting laid tonight."

He was right -- I did get laid after the movie.  Repeatedly.  Young guys who have only had sex a few times can be remarkably energetic.

Did I say that?

During one of our cuddling breaks, I dug out old my Norton Anthology of English Literature, and read Dustin a poem, "The Old Men Admiring Themselves in the Water," by William Butler Yeats (1903).

I heard the old, old men say,
"Everything alters,
And one by one we drop away."










They had hands like claws.










And their knees
Were twisted like the old thorn-trees
By the waters.










"All that's beautiful drifts away
Like the waters."










"Ridonkulous!" Dustin exclaimed. "I call B.S.  Or should I say banana oil?"

"I think the proper term is bogus."

He kissed  me on the chest, then started working his way down.  "If all you look at is his hands and knees, you're doing it wrong.  The best part of an older guy is in between."

I laughed.  "Speaking of knees, how about getting on yours?"

See also: My Ex-Student Naked in the Locker Room; and Hooking Up with My Host's Son


4 comments:

  1. Fun story! I'm starting to adjust to my next phase in life (middle age) and great to see I don't have to compromise my "pleasure seeking" for getting older. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sublime parfait que du bonheur

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pfft! You youngsters think you have it rough feeding dinosaurs, walking for miles to school uphill bothways in 20 feet of snow. In my day it was way worse, I'm telling you! We didn't even have the ground to walk on! It hadn't been invented yet! How's that for old? Some say I tend to exaggerate. I wonder why? Stick with those twinks,I say. At least you know your appreciated and keeps you young at heart.

    ReplyDelete

L

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...