Saturday, January 18, 2020

BIG Plans

It never fails. Every Friday,  coworkers, salespeople, secretaries, waiters, nurses, and whoever else I encounter invariably asks: "Do you have big plans for the weekend?"

I stutter and stumble and say "Well...not that I can think of."  Then I walk away feeling like a failure.

 Apparently everyone else in the world spends every weekend hang-gliding in Cancun with 50 of their closest friends, and then playing the guitar by a bonfire on the beach, and if I don't, something is wrong with me.

First, I hate hang-gliding, bonfires, and crowds.

But just because everybody else spends every second from 5:00 pm Friday to 11:00 pm Sunday rushing around like a madman from event to event, why should I?  I spend the work week rushing around like a madman.  Why can't I take a day off to relax?

And what is a BIG plan, anyway?  Something complicated, intricate.  Something that takes up a considerable portion of your time and energy for weeks, maybe months, until finally the big day arrives. A graduation, a wedding, maybe a surprise party. 

Does everyone else in the world really have the time to organize such complicated events every weekend? And the energy to attend them?

I would rather spend my weekends doing low pressure things, like going to the theater or hosting a sex party.

Or doing nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

L

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...