Especially his physique, the front of his trunk, his chest, abs, shoulders and arms.
There are eight main types of physiques, dependent on genes and your exercise routine. Each has its attractions.
1. I like a Bodybuilder's Physique: well-defined, thick muscles, especially triceps (very hard to develop) and abs (a six-pack suggests very low body fat). The muscles stand out better with dark skin and a shaved or bare chest.
A Bodybuilder's Physique requires a strict diet, a dedicated personal trainer, and at least four hours per day in the gym. It's physically impossible for many of us, and beyond the emotional and financial reach of most.
Tight and firm, a v-shaped torso, a flat belly rather than a six-pack and big pecs and biceps -- muscles that are easy to bulk up, and stand out the most when you're dressed in street clothes. This guy looks like Troy, my boyfriend in Upstate New York.
He's actually pumped up from a recent workout. His usual appearance is somewhat more manageable.
3. The Swimmer's Physique can be had with even less gym time, an hour a day, concentrating on cardio. The chest and biceps are smaller, lean and hard rather than exceptionally big, and there's more attention paid to the abs. This works best with an outtie belly button.
4. The Slim Physique comes from minimal weight training and a lot of cardio. It emphasizes long, smooth lines, with little arm and shoulder development, though there still should be some abs work. Sometimes it's nice to be able to fit your arms around the guy, and a Slim Physique shows off the penis better: less fat around the pubic mound means that it hangs all the way down.
If you were hung to begin with, a Slim Physique can give you a monster.
5. Since hair tends to decrease definition and draw the eye away from the muscle, a hairy chest works best with physiques that don't emphasize pecs: The Mediterranean Physique (because it is commonly found in guys with ancestry from Italy, Greece, and the Balkans) develops the pecs just enough to produce some hardness, and allows a little belly fat over developed abs.
6. The Bear Physique, only for guys with a hairy chest, comes from weight training without any dietary restrictions. It results in pec and bicep development plus a layer of fat, a pleasant sense of massiveness. Very nice for hugging. This guy looks like Alan, the ex-porn star, except Alan's penis was a big longer.
7. With a Chubby Physique, weight training and cardio should be the minimum necessary to maintain health. You can develop chest and arms if you want, but no one's looking at them: it's all about your belly, which extends at least an inch beyond the waist, a symbol of raw masculine power.
You can't get a chubby belly without accumulating fat in your pubic mound, which encases your penis and makes it look smaller. Obese men can see it shrink down by half. So if you are small to begin with, a Chubby Physique is probably not the way to go.
Pop Quiz: Which type of physique is this?
Don't be fooled by the fact that he's supine: in that position much of the belly fat recedes into the abdomen. When he sits up, you'll see that he has a Mediterranean Physique.