Saturday, June 17, 2023

Groom #1 or Groom #2: A Kelvin/Keefe/ ___ Story


 



 Keefe tried to gulp down the butterflies in his stomach.  It was now or never.  They were watching a true crime documentary on Netflix, just wearing pajama bottoms, cans of grape soda on the coffee table.  Kelvin's tongue was blue.  The least romantic moment imaginable, unless you counted the time he got food poisoning and was throwing up all night.  They weren't even cuddling.  But the lack of romance was the only thing that kept him from losing his nerve.

When the show ended, his boyfriend Kelvin, a youth minister at the famous megachurch run by his family, the world-famous Gemstones, turned off the tv.  He noticed Keefe watching him.    "Oh, sorry, did you want to watch something else?"

"No. Just leave it off.  I need to talk to you for a minute."

Kelvin turned to face him.  "What's up ?"

Keefe stared.  The words he wanted to say wouldn't come out.  Instead he found himself sayings something else. "You are so beautiful.  I've seen you every day for three years, but it never goes away.   I'll tell you a secret.  Remember how I used to get tongue-tied and say things that didn't make much sense?  People thought I was a little impaired because of the drugs, but actually I was trying to talk while looking at you.  Even now I sometimes forget what I want to say, because all I can think of is how incredibly beautiful you are, and how I want to be kissing you, and now I'm rambling and you think I'm a complete idiot."  

The full story is on Rigtheous Gemstones Beefcake and Bonding

1 comment:

  1. I added some back story to explain why Daedalus decided to dump Keefe at the altar, instead of calling off the wedding before: he saw Kelvin and Keefe making out on the night of the rehearsal dinner.

    ReplyDelete

L

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...